Bangalored or Benga-lured :) ?

"When 'getting Bangalored* has acquired a strong negative connotation," becoming Bengaluru can only be a good thing for this city."
Heard about Bangalored* but never knew it's a official word in my tiny Wordweb dictionary. I'm sure none of the Bangalorean will enjoy this status. But that's the eventual truth which we live with. Hopefully I don't want to hear- Philipined, Norwayed, Chinesed :) some day in future. Though Bangalore is officially renamed as 'Bengaluru' on November 1 this year, I'm wondering what's gonna happen to this dictionary word Bangalored*? will it be Benga-lured ?

I've heard a number of pro & pan opinions, thoughts, comments, remarks on the new name of the city where I make my life. With so many backlashes in upward era I've learnt to live with this fastest growing 'India's Silicon Valley.' This name-gaming is less a political stint but a more of ethnic & cultural naming preservation. Like Chennai, Kolkota, Puducheri to name a few.

Though dated back, it's the intersting read in the context of new name Bengaluru @ usatoday.com

* Laid off work due to offshoring of the work to India

0 comments: