Photoshop CS3

I installed Photoshop CS3 today. My favorite new feature is the startup time. CS2 takes 29 seconds to launch on my Intel Mac, and CS3 only takes 3 seconds. My second favorite feature is the docking palettes. They took me a few minutes to get use to, but I love the screen space they save on my laptop. The new docks also work great with the new screen mode called "Maximised Screen Mode".

I haven't used CS3 on an actual project yet, so I'm sure I'll add to my list of favorite new features. I was excited to see the Smart Filters, and while they are pretty cool, they're not all I was hoping for. It looks like once you have a applied Smart Fiter to a layer, the original data cannot be altered without permenently rendering the filter. I was hoping that they would function at little more like adjustment layers.

Of course, CS3 is still beta, so there's the usual minor bugs. One I've seen so far is the cursor for the brush tool is rendered incorrectly. I believe this only affects the Mac version. I've heard several people say one of the best new features is the Quick Selection Tool. I'll have to keep an open mind about this one. I played with it a little and it doesn't seem to be precise enough for detailed masked. Overall I love it, and would recommend it to anyone using an Intel Mac.

Via | squidfingers.com

0 comments: