"I shoot therefore Sony Alpha 100"


The caption kick : ittium = i think therefore i am :)

Finally my new Sony alpha 100 arrived traveling extensively via San Diego-Chicago-Chennai to Bangalore just a few days back. It's my first DSLR Camera & I'm thrilled & submerged completely playing with it. Instead of directly jumping into high-end professional level I wanted to taste the digital photography tryst with growing line of Sony Alpha series.

Many people asked me why Sony DSLR, why not Nikon or Canon?
Initially I've shortlisted Nikon D80, Canon 400D but finally what brought me to Sony is rich legacy backed Minolta ! Yes, Sony bought Minolta last year & DLSR line of Minolta are now under the belt of Sony. Sony Alpha 100 is the product of Sony & Minolta marriage. Minolta is known for wide known quality cams & attachable quality lenses. Sony also plans to pull out few lenses from Carl Zeiss, which is a good news for anybody who knows the optics of Carl Zeiss.

How'z Sony Alpha ?
I'm still shooting with ISO 400 & initial shots came out awesome. Amount of detail recorded with a bigger sensor is clearly noticeable. This DSLR is faster in all aspects. It focuses quite fast under good light conditions. I've heard chronic noise falling details about 800-1600 in Sony Alpha even before buying. Since my requirement hardly crosses ISO 400 I'm less bothered. With Transcend 4GB 120x memory card the image writing & transfer is just breeze. I bought two 18-70mm & 75-300mm lenses with the body. Initially to start with I'm trying hands on 18-70mm kit lense. It looks sturdy & stylish with a good finish.

I hope to post more pics in flickr in coming days. Shutterbugs stay tuned ! ;)

Alpha on the web:
> Club alpha.net
> Forum in DP Review.com
> Dyxum.com

1 comments:

Kashi said...

this is great maga... looking forward to nice snaps in your blog... tell me if you have some photoblog also....

i visited ur flickr account.

Kash