Silicon valley Verson.01

I'm currently in Sunnyvale, California to work with my parent company on one of the interesting project which might re-write the game in the financial domain in coming days. It's my first visit to west coast or popularly called as -bay area. In precise- I'm roaming inside so-called silicon valley of America.

I've seen many American companies having an offshore development or support center in Bangalore. But it's altogether a different experience traversing between the green lawns of giant Head quarters of these new-economy companies which have offices in Bangalore.

Other day I & my colleague went on a drive around MountainView & sunny vale downtown. While driving between the campus of Google Head quarters, I asked him- "Why there are no security guards & compounds for the main building ?" Guess what ? he laughed out loud asking me what made me to think like that ? ;). Honestly, I could not imagine a world's most talked, valued & accessed company is between tall trees & such a lovely open nature having no compound walls !

Sun, Mcafee, Oracle, yahoo, intuit & many more got recorded into my camera memory. It was immense pleasure driving on the roads of Mountainview looking at these head quarters having one leg in namma-Bengalooru. I'm sure I've recalled Bangalore many times for so many good reasons except traffic :) . I've heard a lot about lane discipline, freeway driving, traffic rules observation in US. Now I'm actually looking at it sitting on the seats of posh cars & I say to myself- 'when my city will have less traffic like this ?'

0 comments: