HP Pavilion DV6662SE 15.4"


I was very much impressed with HP ad - "again computer is personal". I've read a lot about HP's Notebook Design Group & it was recognized by distinguished design institutions for innovative laptop designs. Being impressed with their effective specs, awards, accolades & bought new HP notebook. Thanks to my new cool friend Padma for assisting me to buy this wonderful notebook.

Style, fit & finish coupled with nice specs made me to go for special edition-HP Pavilion 6662se. I might be loosing edge because of 1.5 ghz & no dedicated graphic card, but that's not a big worry because I would rarely hit 50%-100% CPU usage. I've a dedicated gaming desktop pc, which is also meant for overclocking needs. This cute laptop is built for entertainment & has ample 2GB memory & 250GB hard disk space for rest of the geeky life. Beauty of this white colored notebook is, it comes with additional 12-cell Lithium-Ion battery, which is essential for its energy hungry needs.

I was seriously considering apple mac book, it's a kind of vanity to own & work with. But there are lot of shortcomings specially when it comes to compatibility & I am neck deep involved with compatibility world of windows. Now I understand why people sue Bill for creating 'monopolistic' market ;) Anyway, I am loving this new laptop of mine which comes preloaded with new windows vista. But some how I miss simplicity & complexity of windows xp ;). Probably it's becoz my office laptops were ranging from simple hp to toshiba techra to lenovo T60's which came with preloaded xp.

Technical Details of DV6662 -
  • Entertainment-centric notebook PC with widescreen 15.4-inch LCD and stylish high-gloss finish with wave imprint, integrated webcam
  • 1.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 processor, 250 GB hard drive, 2 GB RAM (4 GB max), LightScribe dual-layer DVD drive
  • Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n); 10/100 Ethernet; Intel GMA X3100 graphics (up to 384 MB of available memory)
  • Connectivity: 3 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, expansion port 3 connector, ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader
  • Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)
Link of the day:
Windows Vista tweaking

0 comments: