Vinay Ganapathy | illustrator



I admire his caricatures, sketches. They are simple, yet awe tickling & expressive in such a minimal details. I get to see his latest sketches in Facebook more often. I'm quite passionate about the fact that he is from Coorg !

"Born in southern India, raised in suburban Connecticut and formally trained in Syracuse, Brooklyn artist Vin Ganapathy, short for Vinay Somana Ganapathy, draws on multiple influences that inform his imagery and work.

I use to frequent Stuttgart sQuare in San Francisco, when I was working in California. It was eye treat to watch so many artists displyaing artwork in such a vast picturesque canvass of that square. Many artists do live sketches & quick caricatures of people moving around the sQuare. I remember how they keep absorbing in glance to sketch down all that they see in a
short view. It's quite an intricate and difficult to achieve art, as subject never stays static :)

And Vinay has done so thought provoking sketches of that kind. This is where he hosts his work frequently: Motivation is necessary

I found some nice sites to visit art gallery's & artists in general:
  1. Dexigner.com
  2. Masala chai online
  3. Start-drawing

0 comments: