Obituary & Death Clock of web trend

For piles-of-years I've worked on tweaking the web with quite a few design techniques. One unique thing I've witnessed time & again.

Whenever the prototype was presented to decision making levels, I always heard a sort of comment "I think the trend is like that...don't you think it should've been like that?" Is that a comment, suggestion or opinion. If it's the opinion, I appreciate it. But, where do these people get to know about so-called trend ?! why do people think, the delivery is not in tandem with the latest trend ? Where's this trend evolving ? Is it in the forwarded mail ? Is it in the coffee-lounge ? Is it in the catchy ads of TV ? Is it in the cool-sites-showcase-directory ? I dunno.

Ah. who sets the trend anyways? who redefines the fashion? who sets the standpoint for design, atleast in web & presentation space when a huge metamorphosis is gulping the slick design arena of design on web. Thank god ! my reincarnation in RIA & AA's* haven't pissed me off so-far, as I've to adhere to Mxml & W3C guidelines...
I could recollect the reply of Hrithik Roshan when he was asked in one of the interview: "What's your fashion trend & what's ur take on the current fashion trend ?" He replied: " Come on ! what you wear is fashion. Is there anybody sitting on the arch defining fashion everyday ? Atleast I dunno. Do you ?"
Factually, that's the beauty of vogue & trend. Design is a awesome blend of research, experience, creativity, finishing touch & output. It's all about delivering what looks best on shelf. I think, if it doesn't evokes a question, remark, curiosity, feedback, critics, appreciation or a mild pat -it's not at all a design or trend. It should tickle ones imagination & creative flair. So, I do appreciate those kinda nagging comments which comes in any form !

Saw this lovely article which criss-crosses, the soon death of some obnoxious web trends at ping magazine. It's quite interesting & hilarious !
* Rich internet applications & Accessiblity Assessment

0 comments: